Tuesday, April 19, 2011

easy easter decor





I thought I would share our "Easy Easter Decor" that we have in our home this year. It's amazing how decorating your kitchen table and hanging a cute little banner is just enough to bring a holiday into your home.

(tablecloth-Target, eggs-Superstore, turquoise vase and small bowls-Anthropoligie)



Like I said, I kept things super easy and simple. Bought some tulips from the grocery store and put them in a jar. Filled some cute vases with that fun fake grass and some store-bought easter eggs. Put it all together with a springy tablecloth and we're good to go!




I also made this adorable little "bunny bums" banner. I saw this banner floating around on Pinterest and knew that I had to make one of my own.

I simply drew my own bunny shape, cut them out of cute coordinating papers, glued some cotton balls as the bunny tails, and strung them all together with a ribbon. Done! I actually made these bunnies with my girls, too, but didn't take a picture of the process. They had fun tracing and cutting their bunnies from white cardstock, and then they went to town decorating their bunnies with stickers and felt markers. Kherington especially loved gluing the tails on her bunnies...a great little project for even the youngest kiddos!



So there ya go! A couple easy ideas that you can still do before Easter comes this weekend.



I'll be back soon with pictures of Kherington!



Tal xo

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks beautiful and fun!

me said...

cute cute cute. what i wouldn't give for a superstore in my neighbourhood! xo, jody

Unknown said...

Love the bunny idea! So cute!

Wendy Sue said...

So pretty...I love all of your ideas. :o)

Kim said...

cute cute! I liked that bunny banner too when I saw it...yours is perfect as always :)

Lindsay said...

Talia - I've been a follower of your blog - haven't commented before but I loved your bunny bum banner - so much so that I made one too. Thanks for your posts. I enjoy reading your blog.

Stop over to mine - I have given you a little award over there.

Jackie said...

So cute! Do you have the template for the banner?

Katie Gwyther, AlphaBino said...

Firmly on my Easter to-do list, thank you!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Absolutely adore your Easter decor. In fact I love it so much I'm including your link in a "5 of the best" feature on my blog today hopefully you'll have a few new readers coming your way as your blog is beautiful xxx

Martha Sloan said...

The bunny banner is too cute. I shared it over on my blog post The 25 Best DIY Easter Ideas. Hope you have a Happy Easter!
(http://www.themarthaanne.com/2014/04/the-25-best-diy-easter-ideas.html)

Unknown said...

Hello,

I love this garland! I am an Editor for SheKnows and will be featuring your craft on our site. Please contact me at Jana.Randall@SheKnows.com for more information or if you would prefer not to be featured.

Thank you!